Website proposal for Dan Dance
This proposal outlines the website that Michael Lake can build for Dan Dance in order to recreate his online presence.
The site will provide Dan with an ability to showcase and promote his solo piano playing and trio for new corporate and private gigs in Milwaukee and the surrounding area. It will also provide Dan with the means to attract potential fans to leave their name and email so that they can be kept up to date with Dan’s performances.
The site will also provide Dan a hub for his private teaching so that prospective students can find him, learn more about his teaching, and contact Dan to discuss lessons.
Dan will receive the following from Michael’s building of a new website:
- Design of the following pages on Dan’s site: Home, About, Music, Calendar of gigs, Teaching, and Contact.
- A contact form that sends private teaching inquiries directly to Dan’s chosen email address
- Creation of page for Dan’s polo announcing that will not appear on the main site navigation. This page can contain audio samples of Dan’s play by play, photos, bio, and the means to contact Dan for those announcing gigs.
- Basic search engine optimization for each page and a site map submitted to Google to optimize search results leading to the site
- Installation of SSL for standard security protocols
- A site built on the WordPress platform
In order to attract fans and potential private students to leave their name and email on Dan’s site, some sort of simple product (“lead magnet”) will need to be created to entice them (audio sample, piano playing tips, etc.). Michael can help design and package the product at the hourly rate listed below.
After the initial maintenance period outlined below, Dan will be responsible for keeping his gig calendar up to date and for sending out email.
- A new website as outlined above: $820
- Design and packaging of “lead magnet”: $35/hour (A time estimate will be provided before work is started.)
- Stock imagery if and as needed: (charged at the cost of imagery from the stock image site). No stock photography will be purchased without Dan’s prior approval.
“Michael created for me much more than just a beautiful website. His work on the site continues to help me clarify my professional future as a player, teacher, and writer.
Oh… and grass doesn’t grow under Mike’s feet. Ask him to do something at 1pm and it’s finished at 1:27. Total pleasure to work with!”
– Denis DiBlasio/sax, Professor, Director of Jazz Studies, Rowan University
Scroll the image to see Denis’ entire home page…