This proposal is for building a new website to promote and exhibit Deborah DeVaughn’s work in digital media.
The website built by Michael Lake will be based on WordPress. The necessary WordPress editing plugins will be provided by Michael.
All hosting and domain name registration will be the responsibility of Deborah. Michael will be happy to counsel Deborah with those technical aspects of the website.
Michael’s work will include the following:
- Building of the following pages on the host servers: Home, About, Gallery of work, and Contact
- Design of site using colors and design elements submitted to and approved by Deborah
- A contact form will be created where inquiries will be directed to Deborah’s desired email address.
- A lead generation form will be created that links to the email provider of Deborah’s choosing. A free Mailchimp account is recommended that will hold and broadcast to the first 500 email addresses. Training will be provided to Deborah on Mailchimp account management, as well as email creation and broadcasting.
- A lead generation document will be created by Deborah that attracts members of her audience to leave their name and email address. Michael will provide counsel and guidance in the development of that material as well as setting up the automatic distribution to the people completing the form and notification to Deborah of those people who sign up.
- Basic search engine optimization will be done for each page and a site map will be created and submitted to Google.
- Necessary plugins for security and functionality will be added to the site’s back-end.
- Installation of SSL for standard security protocols
- Setting up automatic backups from the server side
Michael will provide light maintenance for 90 days on the finished site such as keeping plugins up to date and assisting with Mailchimp email functionality. If longer-term maintenance is desired, a separate proposal can be provided.
The estimated time for the above deliverables is 20 hours. Assuming a timely agreement to this proposal and delivery by Deborah of any additionally requested materials, the projected delivery date of the initial completed rebuild should take no longer than two weeks from the start of the project.
At an hourly rate of $35/hour, the project cost will be $700 with one half payable upon acceptance of agreement and the balance due upon mutual agreement of the site being complete and online.
Payment can be made through Paypal, Venmo, or Zelle.